As building techniques become more complex and the levels of efficiency and quality remain the same, the use of new technology becomes critical. At W.M. Jordan, our projects include the use of Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) and Building Information Modeling (BIM). These tools build, analyze and resolve issues in a digital environment prior to actual construction. We educate and train our partners and clients in these virtual technologies so that we can work together to reach our goals. We involve Virtual Construction at every stage of development.
- To establish expectations early in a project's planning phase.
- During a project's design phase for submitting shop drawings.
- During a project's design phase for Clash Detection.
- After construction for facilities management.
Our clients who use Virtual Construction during project development experience these and other benefits:
- Improved project visualization and understanding.
- Increased team involvement and collaboration.
- Reduced field generated RFIs.
- Increased prefabrication of complex systems.
- Increased productivity with less rework required.
- Reduction in change orders related to coordination issues.
- Maintained expected construction durations.