Location: Blacksburg, VA
W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time Assistant Project Superintendent with at least 5 years of commercial construction experience. Assistant Project Superintendents supervise all trade partners and work closely with all members of the project team to form an effective management team for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor field staff on project.
- Develop and implement site logistics plan.
- Manage and coordinate all trade partners including scheduling and scope of work.
- Develop construction schedules, maintain regular updates, and provide solutions for new activities and impacts.
- Perform constructability review.
- Manage the coordination with authorities having jurisdiction and all special inspections required.
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the established quality requirements.
- Lead and enforce W.M. Jordan safety standards and requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five (5)+ years of experience as a commercial construction assistant superintendent.
- Experience managing $1 Million+ projects.
- OSHA training required.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and architectural drawings.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, BlueBeam and various scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera, Phoenix).
- Experience with Building Information Modeling.
- Excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participant in a team environment.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
W.M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer