Location: Newport News, VA
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Executive Assistant and executive leadership of the company with a myriad of tasks including calendar management, coordinating domestic and international travel, integrating multiple meeting schedules and commitments, and plan and facilitate off-site functions. This person must be able to maintain confidentiality, multi-task and prioritize, work independently, willing to handle some personal errands, be detailed oriented and forward thinking.
- Flexibility and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize work and to work under pressure; environment is extremely fast-paced
- Exercises good judgment
- Ability to deal with all aspects of the Company, including management, members of the board, and employees
- Works on special projects, as required
- Represents the executives by welcoming visitors
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence
- Assist in arranging company functions
- Answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executives
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the corporate plane; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- A successful candidate will possess professional credibility while building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to tactfully and effectively communicate at all levels, is a must.
- The ability to work independently, using insight and critical thinking skills, is an important element for a successful partnership.
- Effective decision making and trouble-shooting skills are essential.
- Must be proficient with computer hardware and software, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Desired Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years related experience in like environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint highly preferred.
- Able to manage the varied tasks associated with multiple projects, prioritize, thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle personal and confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and acumen
- Ability to work independently and contribute in every aspect to a team environment
W. M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer