Location: Richmond, VA
W.M. Jordan Company offers industry-leading strategies for construction management, design-build, virtual construction, green building and public-private partnerships in Virginia and the Carolinas. A family-owned company, W.M. Jordan is committed to life-long learning, developing construction professionals, general wellness for all employees, and giving back through community service. Our philosophy of empowering people to be the best they can be is our foundation of success.
W.M. Jordan Company is seeking a full-time MEP Superintendent with at least 5 years of commercial construction experience with a general contractor or an MEP trade contractor (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Controls, TAB, Commissioning, or MEP design).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor field staff on project.
- Manage and coordinate MEP trade partners including scheduling and scope of work.
- Collaborate with MEP trade contractors to develop the construction schedules, maintain regular updates, and provide solutions for new activities and impacts.
- Perform MEP constructability reviews.
- Basic knowledge of building information modeling (BIM) and its use in coordination of the MEP systems.
- Keeping detailed daily records of MEP trade contractors’ work progress
- Manage the coordination with authorities having jurisdiction and all special inspections required.
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the established quality requirements.
- Lead and enforce W.M. Jordan safety standards and requirements.
- Ownership of the commissioning (Cx) process.
- A desire to constantly learn.
- A mindset/approach of respect for people and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five (5)+ years of experience as a commercial construction superintendent.
- Must have experience with Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
- Experience managing $20 Million + projects.
- OSHA training preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and architectural drawings.
- Proficient computer skills in with Microsoft Office, BlueBeam and scheduling software.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Excellent listening skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active participant in a team environment.
- Lean Construction experience a plus.
- Pull Planning experience a plus.
- Understanding of how the building system components go together.
- Understanding of how the building systems work, how they are tested, how they are started up
We offer our full-time employees a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
W.M. Jordan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer